Saturday, 20 March 2010

One Month on from the LP Seminar already!

Ok, so here I am doing my update one month since the Lightning Process seminar. I am still doing amazingly well! I sat down and looked at my journal today of all I have been doing in the last month and it is just wonderful that I am now able to do whatever I want to without paying for it later.

This last week threw up a new challenge for me. On Tuesday I was emailing Ian (LP trainer) and I mentioned to him that I thought I was feeling a bit tired and that I thought I needed an early night. I realised a while later when I was started feeling achy and then developed a sore throat that the "feeling a bit tired" was actually "coming down with the flu"!

This has been a challenge for me because 15.5 years ago my M.E./CFS began with the flu and whenever I have had the flu over the past 15 years it has really knocked my energy levels for months at a time.

But I am so grateful I now have the LP to help me deal with it. The flu symptoms only lasted a couple of days and were gone by Friday morning. When I realised I had the flu I began taking garlic oil and echinacea straight away and picked up some vitamin C the next day and started taking it. I have also been taking it easy - no walking or doing anything strenuous until I feel I am over the flu! And I took some time off from my job. And I am feeling good! Yesterday morning, when I was lying in bed and feeling fatigue in my back and thinking that this was how I would be expecting to feel after the flu, I did the LP and it went away! This morning I found myself repeating my old pattern of "I'm probably feeling this tired because of all I did yesterday" and once I realised this and did the LP I began to feel fine again. The Lightning Process is still amazing me!

I am planning to be working again on Monday. And I'm looking forward to getting back into walking again soon because I have really been enjoying it. I was just at the stage where I was thinking of increasing the lengths of my walks when I got the flu, so hopefully it won't be long before I'm doing that!

I am actually glad I have had the challenge of dealing with the flu sooner rather than later. Because I can already see that I can recover from it quickly as my body is now behaving normally. Someone even congratulated me on having the flu - (there's a first! lol) - because it means my body is acting as it should be!

Last night I had a visit from a friend from out of town. I took her down to Subway to get our dinner and I had a 12 inch sub! I'm still finding it funny that I have an appetite!

I think I have gotten over the shock now of the sudden and major changes the LP has brought about in my life and I am looking at setting some more specific goals to achieve the things I am wanting to do now that I have my life back. But as you can see I haven't really worked out yet what "tired" means. For so many years I was so far beyond wiped out or exhausted and it's great that I'm not going to be feeling that "tired" again. Now it's a matter of learning what it's like to be healthy again! And when I am tired from now on it's only going to be a matter of having an early night or getting more sleep! So strange but wonderful!

I have already bought myself a new digital camera and will be able to have more fun with it than I had with my old one because I can go to more places to take photos!

Enjoying my new life,
Debbie :D

No comments: